This is a very versatile recipe – you can use any combination of ingredients you like depending on what you have at home. This is a great recipe for using up left-over vegetables..
- 1/2 cup quinoa, couscous or rice
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 large mushrooms (remove stalks and keep)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Feta cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional – for sprinkling on top)
- Garlic, crushed/finely diced
- Spring onions, chopped
- Mushroom tops, finely diced
- Sundried tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Put quinoa (or couscous or rice) and stock in a saucepan and bring to boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low-medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered.
3. Meanwhile, prepare mushrooms by removing stem and cleaning outside with a moist paper towel to remove dirt. Brush olive oil on outside of mushroom caps. Place in a baking dish lined with baking paper or greased.
4. Prepare all other stuffing ingredients, place in a large bowl with quinoa, and mix well to combine ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Crumble feta into mixture and gently stir through.
5. Top mushrooms with stuffing mixture, and if desired sprinkle some parmesan and/or feta cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are heated through.
6. Serve with salad and enjoy
Note: You can also use other vegies like mushroom, zucchini and capsicum in this recipe. If you wish to use chicken, add chicken pieces at the beginning, with the onion and garlic.
This is a great recipe to cook in a big batch and freeze the left-overs!
- Date May 23, 2014
- Tags Lunch, Mains