Tasty Lebanese-inspired lentil and rice stuffed capsicums with yogurt mint lemon sauce.
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 can lentils
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large green capsicums
- 1 tsp Middle Eastern spice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Place rice and 1 cup of water in a saucepan; bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
2. Chop onion and garlic, fry onion in olive oil until browned then add garlic and Middle Eastern spice mix and sauté for another couple of minutes
3. Add the lentils, cooked rice, walnuts and sea salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut the top of the capsicums, remove and scrape out the seeds.
5. Gently fill the capsicums with the lentil rice mixture.
6. Place carefully in a steamer and steam with the lid on until the capsicums are soft.
7. Meanwhile grate or finely slice the cucumber, chop the mint, squeeze the lemon, and mix with the yoghurt.
8. When capsicums are ready serve sliced in half with the yoghurt and salad on the side.
- Date May 18, 2014
- Tags Lunch, Mains