Tasty burgers, easy to make and great for a light summer meal or picnic. The quinoa gives them a nice crunch to complement the melted cheese texture and flavour. Makes about 16.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- sprinkle chilli powder or cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 1 tblsp pesto
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Put 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water into a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on or until all water is absorbed.
- Mix quinoa with all other burger ingredients.
- Shape together firmly into patties.
- Lightly heat oil in the frying pan and fry burgers on both sides until golden.
- Mix pesto and yoghurt together and serve with the burgers along with a side salad (cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado with lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt is perfect!)
- Date January 29, 2014
- Tags Lunch, Mains