A scrumptious way to enjoy pasta with abundant, nutrient-rich vegetables and protein rich chickpeas (and a great way to use up vegies) – the above photo used rice pasta so is also gluten free..
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Passata or 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1-2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- handful fresh or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of pasta
- Mozarella and parmesan cheese for topping, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Chop onion, garlic, carrot and celery.
3. Lightly heat oil in pan and add above ingredients.
4. Dice remaining vegetables and add to pan, stir for a few minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes plus half a can of water, bring to boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
6. Bring water to the boil in another pot, add salt and pasta (you can also use rice pasta).
7. Grate cheese. Add chickpeas and pasta to the tomato/vegetable sauce
8. Transfer to an oven-proof casserole dish and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
9. Cook in oven until cheese bubbling and starting to brown on top.
10. Serve with a crispy green salad and enjoy
- Date September 4, 2014
- Tags Mains