This is a yummy, healthy version of fish and chips with tomato sauce. It is easy to make; just need to allow time for the chips and sauce to cook (should take less than one hour altogether).
- Potatoes and/or sweet potato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small carrot, sliced into two halves
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups passata or one tin diced tomatoes
- Fish of your choice
- Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Cut the potatoes and/or sweet potatoes into 1cm thick chip shapes. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and cook in the oven until crispy (about 45 minutes).
3. While potatoes are cooking, prepare the tomato zucchini sauce. Place the onion and carrot into a pan with the olive oil and cook until onion is clear. Add the garlic, stir for a minute then add the passata or diced tomatoes, 1 tsp sea salt and half a cup/can of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer.
4. Next, place a large sheet of alfoil into a baking tray. Place the fish inside the tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and top with fresh dill and lemon slices. Cover with the alfoil. When the chips have cooked for 30 minutes, place the fish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
5. When chips and fish are ready, serve with the tomato sauce.
- Date May 20, 2014
- Tags Mains